When you become one of our tenants, you’ll get a tenancy agreement that lists your rights and responsibilities.
As a tenant, we will expect you to:
- Pay your rent on time.
- Tell Nottingham City Council if your entitlement to housing or Council Tax benefit has ended.
- Respect your neighbours and your neighbourhood by living in your home quietly and harmoniously, and looking after your home and garden.
- Let us know if your circumstances change, for example: if your partner comes to live with you or if your child leaves home.
- Let us in to service your gas appliances once a year (this is a legal requirement).
- Tell us if you're going to run a business from your home.
- Not keep cats, dogs or any other pets that can't be kept in a small cage or tank if you live in a flat or maisonette (you can have a guide dog or hearing dog if you have a disability).
- We don't expect you to take part in any anti-social behaviour or criminal activity such as playing loud music until late, doing DIY late at night, allowing your home to be used for selling or taking drugs or letting dogs bark for long periods of time.