If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance

Street of homes

The building you live in is insured by Nottingham City Homes, but none of your contents and belongings are.

If there was a fire or a flood at your home, or it was broken into, your possessions would probably be damaged or stolen. Replacing them could cost you a lot of money – which is why it’s important to have your home contents insured.

You can sort out your own insurance, or you can use our scheme, which is provided through Aviva. It currently starts from £1.21 a week for £9,000 of cover (or from 81p a week for £6,000 of cover for tenants in independent living schemes). It’s the same price, wherever you live in the city, and you can pay by Direct Debit or in with your rent. Unlike most insurance policies, it doesn’t have an excess – so you don't have to pay the first part of a claim – and you can have accidental damage cover for a small extra cost. Find out more by calling 0115 915 4920 or email us.

Please note: If you make any changes to your tenancy please check that your contents insurance policy is still valid.

Download the Home Contents Insurance leaflet, here.