Creating homes and places where people want to live

Aids and adaptations

If you need aids or adaptations in your home to make it easier for you to live there, you can apply through Nottingham City Council, who will come and carry out an assessment. You could get help with:

  • Grab rails by the bath or entrance doors
  • Additional stair rails, inside and/or outside
  • Raising an armchair
  • Replacing a high step at the front or back door with shallow steps
  • Bathroom and kitchen adaptations

Find out more here.