Nominations are always open
Here's the list of the award categories* for your nominations:
- Tenant or Leaseholder of the Year** (sponsored by T&S Heating). Someone who has made a significant contribution to the lives of the people in their community - either individually or through organisations they are part of.
- Good neighbour award (sponsored by Make Consulting Ltd). Someone who goes that extra mile for their neighbours by helping them with their shopping, sorting out difficult situations - or who have just been a caring person.
- Outstanding personal development (sponsored by City Electrical Factors - CEF). Someone who has gained new skills, qualifications and/or demonstrated resilience that have helped improve their daily life contributed to their community or helped them deliver projects or get a job.
- Street and Block Champion of the Year (sponsored by The National Justice Museum). Awarded to an individual who has given back to their community to help others, making a real difference in their street or block.
- NCH Young Person of the Year (under 25s)*** (sponsored by J Tomlinson). This award honours young NCH residents who deserve recognition for their achievement, courage, creativity, generous attitude or ability to overcome difficult personal circumstances.
- Community group of the year (sponsored by T&S Heating). This is awarded to community groups (including Tenants and Residents’ Associations) that work to improve their area by making estate improvements, providing services to the community or running their local community centre.
- Best green initiative (sponsored by Second Element). This could be a project that’s improved or transformed a green space, used created a new green area for the local community to enjoy, raised awareness and education on green issues or has seen members of the local community come together to pro-actively improve their local environment – for example, taking part in litter picks, recycling initiatives or providing locally grown garden produce to the local community.
- Outstanding approach to supporting thriving communities (New for 2021!) (sponsored by Second Element). Awarded to projects or activities that improve the lives of others, this could be a long term or one-off project that has had a significant, positive impact on a community.
- Best older person's initiative (sponsored by Rushcliffe Fencing). This could be a project that is run in one or more of our Independent Living Schemes to improve the lives of our residents or a project, group or initiative that runs in our communities that older residents can access.
- Best health and wellbeing project (sponsored by Focus Consultants). Awarded to an individual or group that offers health and wellbeing opportunities or support to people in our communities. This might include a project that’s using physical activity and exercise to bring communities together. Or a project that’s aimed at supporting people who struggle with their mental health, loneliness or an initiative that’s encouraging healthy living.
*Nottingham City Homes reserves the right to move entries to different award categories if they feel it is appropriate.
** Nottingham City Homes’ residents only.
** Nominees for the NCH Young Person of the Year Award must be aged under 25 (from 1 January 2021).
How to nominate
You can make a nomination 365 days a year, in any of the following ways:
- Through our online Nomination Form below;
- Emailing us
- Requesting a call back from a member of the Tenant and Leaseholder Involvement team by calling 0115 746 9100.
Top tips for a great nomination!
To help make your nomination the best it can be and really make your nomination stand out, read our Nomination top tips.