Become a Tenant Board Member
As a Tenant Board Member, you will bring invaluable experience of living in an NCH home to the Board. Your presence at Board level will help NCH improve services for the benefit of all residents.
What we expect from our Tenant Board Members
When you join the Board, we’ll give you all the training you need to deliver your role as a Tenant Board Member – and a lot of what you learn will be valuable to add to your CV.
In return, we’ll ask you to contribute to the running of NCH by:
- Preparing for and taking part in meetings, training sessions and other related events
- Helping NCH to provide the best possible services to residents and act in the best interests of all tenants and leaseholders
- Upholding the values of the NCH Group, treating fellow Board members with respect and listening to all points of view
- Acting responsibly and ethically in accordance with NCH’s Code of Conduct
- Respecting confidentiality
- Respecting and committing to NCH policies, including those relating to equality and diversity
- Acting as an ambassador for NCH and representing NCH at events as appropriate.
What you'll need to undertake the role
- An ability to commit sufficient time to the role
- Personal effectiveness (acting ethically, attending Board meetings, developing yourself as a Board Member)
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- The ability to work collaboratively with other Board Members, employees and stakeholders
- Develop a knowledge of our customer priorities and focus on these when making decisions and taking action
- Be able to question performance and suggest improvements to our services
- The ability to support and challenge the Executive Management Team.
To apply, please email us details of what interests you about the role and what skills and qualities you can bring, on one side of A4, along with your CV if you have one, by 20 August.
If you'd like to find out more before you apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.