Repairs that are your responsibility
Under the terms of your tenancy agreement, you have to carry out some minor repairs and pay for them yourself.
These are repairs to:
- letterboxes, door knockers and doorbells
- latches and bolts
- door handles
- kitchen cupboard and drawer handles, knobs, catches and hinges
- sink, basin and bath plugs and chains
- blocked pipes to sinks, basins, baths and toilets
- coat hooks
- toilet seats and pull chains
- tiles and splash backs, including fireplace tiles
- window catches and fasteners on wooden windows in houses, but not flats
- plaster cracks caused by shrinkage
- external grates.
If you lose your keys, it’s your responsibility to get the lock changed and new keys cut. We can do the repair and charge you if you prefer. If the lock has seized up, we will do the repair.
We expect you to replace light-bulbs, fuses and electrical plugs (not wall sockets) yourself.
A blocked waste pipe to a bath, shower or basin is not an emergency, and we expect you to repair this yourself.
We have some advice and tips to help you look after the repairs that are your responsibility on our How to guides page.
Pest control is the responsibility of Nottingham City Council.