The number of claims being made against NCH for legal disrepairs is increasing.
We’d rather this money was helping you, rather than going to legal firms.
The best way of making sure that this happens is to follow the following steps before engaging with any of these claims companies:
- Report your repair
- If your repair is not completed to your satisfaction, you can make a complaint
- We will then look into your complaint and do our best to put it right and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- If your issue is with damp and mould, you can get help here.
This way, we can make sure that your rent money goes into investing in repairs to your home, rather to than to legal firms.
People encouraging you to make legal disrepair claims are going door to door in many areas of Nottingham, and could be targeting your area. They will encourage you to make compensation claims against us.
Please beware - These people will sell any claim they convince you to make on to a legal firm for their own gain.
Some will let you believe they are working for NCH or the council, but they are not.
You may also see social media campaigns from these companies, which tell you they're supported by NCH or the council - again, they're not. We don't support these companies at all. They exist to make money out of you, and out of us.
If they come to your door, make sure you:
- Always ask for identification
- call the police if you feel scared or threatened
- talk to us before you sign any documents.
If you want to report a repair, or chase one up, please talk to us - we're here to help. Just call 0115 915 2222.