Creating homes and places where people want to live

Legal disrepairs

The number of claims being made against NCH for legal disrepairs is increasing. 

We’d rather this money was helping you, rather than going to legal firms.


People encouraging you to make legal disrepair claims are going door to door in many areas of Nottingham, and could be targeting your area. They will encourage you to make compensation claims against us.

Please beware - These people will sell any claim they convince you to make on to a legal firm for their own gain.

Some will let you believe they are working for NCH or the council, but they are not. 

You may also see social media campaigns from these companies, which tell you they're supported by NCH or the council - again, they're not. We don't support these companies at all. They exist to make money out of you, and out of us. 

If they come to your door, make sure you:

  • Always ask for identification
  • call the police if you feel scared or threatened
  • talk to us before you sign any documents.
Don’t be misled or bullied into signing anything, as you will be liable to pay fees if you change your mind.


If you want to report a repair, or chase one up, please talk to us - we're here to help. Just call 0115 915 2222.