We've signed the Race at Work Charter
We've signed the Race at Work Charter - Business in the Community's Race Equality Campaign.
The charter shows our commitment to accelerating change for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) employees in the workplace. The campaign has three key priority areas for action: leadership, progression and recruitment.
Signing up to the Charter means taking practical steps to tackle the barriers that ethnic minority people face in recruitment and progression and that our organisation is representative of communities, customers and clients and British society today.
The Race at Work Charter principles are:
- Appoint an Executive Sponsor for race
- Capture ethnicity data and publicise progress
- Commit at board level to zero tolerance of harassment and bullying
- Make clear that supporting equality in the workplace is the responsibility of all leaders and managers
- Take action that supports ethnic minority career progression
The charter supports our aims to be fair and inclusive, as set out in our Equality and Diversity Strategy.
You can read more about the Race at Work Charter on the Business in the Community website.