Congratulations to all the finalists at the 2019 Tenant and Leaseholder Awards. Find out who the winners were, and why, by clicking here.
We always want to hear about the fantastic people, groups or organisations that are doing great things in your neighbourhoods - so we can recognise them with a nomination for a Tenant and Leaseholder Award
These prestigious awards are all about shining a light on the many unsung heroes who make our estates and neighbourhoods great great places to live.
We want to hear about, and celebrate, the tremendous work residents and community groups do across the city.
Here's the list of the categories you can make your nominations in*:
- Tenant or Leaseholder of the Year. Someone who has made a significant contribution to the lives of the people in their community - either individually or through organisations they are part of
- Good neighbour award. Someone who goes that extra mile for their neighbours by helping them with their shopping, sorting out difficult situations - or who has just been a caring person.
- Outstanding personal development. Someone who has gained new skills and / or qualifications that have helped improve their daily life, contributed to their community, or helped them deliver projects or get a job.
- Street and Block Champion of the Year. Awarded to an individual who has given back to their community to help others, making a real difference in their street or block
- NCH Young Person of the Year (under 25s). This award honours young NCH residents who deserve recognition for their achievement, courage, creativity, generous attitude or ability to overcome difficult personal circumstances.**
For groups / projects
- Community group of the year. This is awarded to community groups (including Tenants and Residents’ Associations) that work to improve their area by making estate improvements, putting on activities for local people, providing services to the community or running their local community centre.
- Best green initiative. This could be a project that’s improved or transformed a green space, created a new green area for the local community to enjoy, raised awareness and education on green issues or has seen members of the local community come together to pro-actively improve their local environment – for example taking part in litter picks or recycling initiatives.
- Best community project / event. Awarded to projects or events that improve the lives of our residents and brings the community together – for example a community trip, fun day, a celebratory event or a one-off project that has had a positive impact on a community.
- Best older person's initiative or event. This could be a project that is run in one or more of our Independent Living Schemes to improve the lives of our residents or a project, group or initiative that runs in our communities that our older residents can access.
- Best health and wellbeing project. Awarded to an individual or group that offers health and well being opportunities to people in our communities. This might include a project that’s using physical activity and exercise to bring communities together. Or a project that’s aimed at supporting people who struggle with their mental health, or an initiative that’s encouraging healthy living – for example, eating healthily, nutrition advice, supporting people to lower their alcohol intake or to give up smoking.
*Nottingham City Homes reserves the right to move entries to different award categories if they feel it is appropriate.
** Nominees for the NCH Young Person of the Year Award must be aged under 25 (from 1 January 2020).
How to nominate
You can make a nomination 365 days a year, in any of the following ways:
- Online by clicking here
- Over the phone, by calling 0115 746 9100
- Emailing us
- Writing to us at: The Tenant and Leaseholder Involvement Team, FREEPOST RTKK-UHAY-LJSX, Nottingham City Homes, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3NJ
Top tips for a great nomination!
To help make your nomination the best it can be, we've produced a short Top Tips presentation with lots of useful ideas about the types of things to include, to really make your nomination stand out. You can download that be clicking here.