Do you want to improve your street or block?
We're looking for people who are passionate about where they live, who want to improve where they live, want to give something back to their community, help others and help us improve the housing services for you and your neighbours.
If that sounds like you - get in touch!
Ways you can help
Being a Street or Block Champion is all about making a difference in your local area. There are lots of ways you can help. Some may only take a short amount of time, others could take a bit longer.
Here are some things you could do as a Street or Block Champion:
- Report issues to - for example fly tipping, graffiti, litter or communal repairs that are needed
- Pass on important information to your neighbours
- Suggest ways we can improve your neighbourhood
- Be a good neighbour - for example helping to put their bins out, doing a bit of shopping or helping in the garden if they're old or unwell or showing them the best way to access the services they need
- Help us improve our services
- Take part in street or block inspections with our staff
- Attend local events and meetings
- Join in or organise local litter picks
- Put on events and activities for you and your neighbours - with our support
- Talk to us about ways we can develop your community - and help make it happen!
You'll get a lot in return!
As well as making a difference to your local area, as a Street or a Block Champion you'll:
- get FREE training and mentoring
- meet new people / make new friends
- develop your skills
- enhance your CV
Download the handbook
The Street and Block Champions handbook provides you with lots of information about the things you can do in the role. Download your copy by clicking here.
We'd love to hear from you
If you're interested in becoming a champion for your street or block complete an expression of interest form by clicking here.
Or call us on 0115 746 9100 or email to find out more.
You can find out about all the other ways you can get involved with us by clicking here.
Watch our film
Hear from some of our fantastic Champions - why they're so passionate for where they live and how they're giving something back to their local community.