We’re looking for talented young NCH artists, aged 5 to 17 years of age, to enter our brand new art competition and help us celebrate 100 years of Council housing.
How to enter
It couldn't be easier to take part - just create and send to us an A4 sized picture based around one of the two themes listed below.
The competition is open to any Nottingham City resident aged between 5 and 17 years of age, with three age categories available to enter. All the pictures we receive will be displayed at our Fun Day on Saturday 14 September at The Bulwell Academy. The winners in each category will also be announced on the day.
In celebration of the centenary of council housing, the two themes that you can choose for your pictures are:
- Homes - past, present or future
- My hero - someone you admire from history over the past 100 years
You can use any media to create your masterpiece - pencil, paints, pen, chalk, photography, collages etc. The competition is split into three age categories:
- Junior (5 to 8 years old)
- Intermediate (9 to 13 years old)
- Senior (14 to 17 years old)
Each category winner will receive a £30 shopping voucher and a framed certificate, with the winners announced at the Fun Day.
Once complete, write your name, age, address and a contact telephone number or email on the back of your picture and send it to us for FREE to:
Nottingham City Homes Art Competition, Tenant and Leaseholder Involvement Team, FREEPOST RTKK-UHAY-LJAX, Loxley House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3NJ
The closing date for entries is Monday 2 September.
- The competition is open to any child or young person living within the Nottingham city boundary
- All entries must be received by Monday 2 September. Late entries will not be accepted
- Entries must be A4 in size (210mm x 297mm)
- One entry per person
- All entrants must be under 18 on the closing date and should ask permission from a parent or guardian before entering
- No cash alternative prizes can be offered
- We're unfortunately not able to return artwork entered
- NCH reserves the right to cancel the competition at any time