Creating homes and places where people want to live

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I report anti-social behaviour, hate crime or domestic abuse?

You can call the Police on 101, or the Council on 0115 915 5555.

You can also email us or text REPORTASB to 80800 for free, followed by your name and address, and we'll call you back.

In an emergency, please ring 999. 


Can I report anti-social behaviour, hate crime or domestic abuse anonymously?

Yes – although it may hinder our investigation, and we won’t be able to give you updates on the case. Visit our page on How we deal with ASB.

How do I register for Housing Online?

To register just visit the Housing Online website. 

I want to register on your waiting list – what’s the criteria?

Usually, you must have lived within the Nottingham city boundary for three out of the last five years and be aged 18 or over. Find out more about by visiting HomeLink.

Can I get some help to fill out my HomeLink application form?

Yes – contact HomeLink.

How do I find someone to exchange properties with?

Find out about mutual exchanges here.

I'm going to be made homeless - what do I need to do?

If you live in Nottingham you need to contact Nottingham Housing Aid.

How do I get help with my garden or borrow some tools?

You can find out more about the Garden Assistance Scheme and free tool loan here

How do I find out about my bin day, or report a missed bin?

From the Nottingham City Council website:

Bin day calendar

Missed bin


How do I have a bulky item of rubbish collected?

How do I apply for contents insurance?

Find out more on our contents insurance page.

Can I have a pet such as a cat or dog in my flat?

We don’t normally allow cats and dogs in flats unless they have ground floor access to a private garden area. Assistance dogs for blind and deaf people are allowed.

How do I end my tenancy?

You must give us four weeks’ written notice. Find out more about ending your tenancy.

How do I find out more about Universal Credit?

There’s useful information on our Universal Credit page.

How do I contact my councillor?

Find out who your councillor is here, then contact them by phone or email, or drop into one of their advice surgeries. If it's about an NCH matter, please contact us first.

How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

On the council website here.