If you are in danger
please use a safer computer,
or call 999 or
1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732).

To leave this site quickly
click the ‘Quick Exit’ button
at the top of any page.

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I report anti-social behaviour, hate crime or domestic abuse?
At your
local housing office, or by calling 0300 300 9999. You can also contact the anti-social behaviour helpline on 0115 915 2020.

Can I report anti-social behaviour, hate crime or domestic abuse anonymously?               
Yes – although it may hinder our investigation and we won’t be able to give you updates on the case.
Find out more here.

How do I register for Housing Online?

Download our user guide by clicking here and visit the Housing Online website to register. 

I want to register on your waiting list – what’s the criteria?
Usually, you must have lived within the Nottingham city boundary for three out of the last five years and be aged 18 or over.
Find out more about joining the waiting list.

Can I get some help to fill out my HomeLink application form?        
Yes – contact our HomeLink team.

Can you tell me what the waiting times are for a particular area?
Waiting time is dependent on what band you’re in, the area you want to live, and the type of property you’re bidding for. We can give you an approximate waiting time – please email us. Remember - we can only give you this information if you’re already registered with us.

How do I find someone to exchange properties with?      
Find out about mutual exchanges here.

I'm going to be made homeless - what do I need to do?
If you live in Nottingham you need to contact
Nottingham Housing Aid.

How do I have a bulky item collected?
Nottingham City Council.

How do I apply for contents insurance?
Find out more

Can I have a pet such as a cat or dog in my flat?
We don’t normally allow cats and dogs in flats unless they have ground floor access to a private garden area. Assistance dogs for blind and deaf people are excluded from this rule.

How do I end my tenancy ?
You must give us four weeks’ written notice.
Find out more about ending your tenancy here.

How do I find out more about Universal Credit?
There’s lots of information about Universal Credit

How do I contact my councillor?
Find out who your councillor is
here, then contact them by phone or email, or drop in to one of their advice surgeries. If it's about an NCH matter, please contact us first.