We collect rent from you to help provide services to you.
Responsible Tenant Reward
Rent, responsiblility, respect = reward!
Lots of our tenants behave responsibly by paying their rent, looking after their home and being a good neighbour. This could be you! We want to recognise this so we have Responsible Tenant Reward! Find out more..
In this section, you can find out more about
- Paying your rent
- Our FREE money advice service
- Claiming benefits
- Important changes to housing and other benefits (from April 2013)
- Contents insurance
Important changes to benefits
The main changes
- Your benefits will all get paid to you (not direct to us) in the future
- You will now get less benefit if you are defined as underoccupying your home (if you have 'spare bedrooms')
- A cap on most benefits
- Councils run their own council tax support schemes which have replacec council tax benefit. The amount of help you get to pay your council tax is likely to have been cut and some people won't qualify.
When these changes take place, all benefits will gradually become the responsiblity of the Department for Work and Pensions (not Nottingham City Council like now).
We can help
- Read our section on Important Benefit Changes.
- Get money advice
- Take a look at our 'Right Size' video below
- Take a look at our welfare reform video below